In the eighth year of our collaboration with Wines from Spain on their signature annual event, ‘Spain’s Great Match,’ Colangelo & Parents was tasked with finding new and exciting ways to generate interest. The assignment: Develop a new way to elevate the event in all aspects including venue selection, trade engagement and consumer buzz for the three-city vent series.
Colangelo & Partners executed a campaign that successfully combined press and trade relations, social media and event management. The C&P team secured top media partnerships, conducted outreach to top press and wine trade, managed all event logistics and vendor negotiations, collaborated with local charity partners, forged media partnerships and executed strategic influencer outreach in Austin, New York City and Miami.
• Over 160 million media impressions covering the events
• Attendance of 850+ members of the trade/press across three cities and 350+ consumers in New York City
• 1.3M Social Media impressions during the events
• Curated a one of a kind wine tasting event at Jose Andres’ newly opened ‘Mercado Little Spain’ featuring food pairings from their in house markets
• Five well-attended and educational tasting seminars highlighting some of Spain’s greatest regions and wines, featuring speakers such as Devon Broglie, MS of Whole Foods Market, Andy Myers MS, Wine Director for Think Food Group, Mia Van de Water MS-Sommelier, Eleven Madison Park, and Michael Schachner, Editor for Spanish & South American Wines, Wine Enthusiast
• Media partnership with Wine Enthusiast
• A unique VIP experience for Spain’s Great Match sponsor, Santander
• Facilitation of a Charity Partnership with José Andrés’ World Central Kitchen